Email Enquiries

Please type your full name.

Please enter a valid email address.

Please enter a valid telephone number

Please enter a message

Anti Spam Code
Please make sure you have successfully completed the anti spam test.

icon-starPart P Competent Persons Register

accreditation partpPart P of the Building Regulations came into force in January 2005 to ensure that all electrical work carried out within a dwelling – a home or garden - is carried out safely by a qualified electrician and that building control is notified of this work. This notification is particularly important when moving house because the compliance certificate is required by the buyers solicitors to show that any electrical work carried out at the house on behalf of the vendor or seller is safe. In other words, failure to comply could have an effect on the future sale of the home and the onus is on the home owner to ensure the work has been notified.

Competent Person Schemes (CPS) were introduced by the UK Government to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector. If you do not use an installer registered with a Competent Person Scheme then you will have to submit a building notice or full plans application and pay a fee to have Building Control come and inspect the work you have carried out.

As members of the Part P Electrical Safety Competent Person Scheme, Brew & Corkill have been independently assessed annually to ensure that they are operating to the highest technical and professional standards and as such are qualified to carry out electrical work in accordance with local Building Regulations. We will notify the relevant Isle of Man Building Control authorities on your behalf and we will issue you with a certificate on completion which can be used as proof of compliance. It will also show up on a solicitor's local authority search when you sell your home.